Last week I told you about being interviewed on Global TV (the video link is at the bottom.) There was A LOT to prepare for, so here’s my quick list to help you when you get some PR (public relations)!
Media Interview Prep:
– 2 days of writing out my key messages and answers to mock questions
– 1 day of rehearsing out loud and recording audio and video on my phone to make sure I sounded natural
– watched online clips of Global TV studio interviews to note the backdrop colour
– went shopping and bought a bright teal blazer to contrast with the backdrop colour
– booked an appointment with my hairstylist for the morning of the interview
– booked a nail appointment, then canceled so I had more time to rehearse
– got makeup professionally done at Global TV
Now, you may watch my interview and think it went smoothly but right beforehand, I was quite nervous. This is what I put my clients through, so I put extra pressure on myself to knock it out of the park!
How do you think I did? Watch it here and tell me in the comments below!