Last week I told you about being interviewed on Global TV (the video link is at the bottom.) There was A LOT to prepare for, so here’s my quick list to help you when you get some PR (public relations)!
Media Interview Prep:
– 2 days of writing out my key messages and answers to mock questions
– 1 day of rehearsing out loud and recording audio and video on my phone to make sure I sounded natural
– watched online clips of Global TV studio interviews to note the backdrop colour
– went shopping and bought a bright teal blazer to contrast with the backdrop colour
– booked an appointment with my hairstylist for the morning of the interview
– booked a nail appointment, then canceled so I had more time to rehearse
– got makeup professionally done at Global TV
Now, you may watch my interview and think it went smoothly but right beforehand, I was quite nervous. This is what I put my clients through, so I put extra pressure on myself to knock it out of the park!
How do you think I did? Watch it here and tell me in the comments below!
Have you ever climbed up a series of stairs and had to stop in the middle? You’re huffing and puffing, bent over, hanging on to the rail with your heart racing, thinking “Dang, I’m out of shape!”
Metaphorically speaking, that’s how I felt when preparing for a recent TV interview. I’ve been promoting the book I co-published (which became a #1 Bestseller in 5 categories on Amazon!) and was stunned during my rehearsal “mock interview.”
It was bad.
Here’s my #1 takeaway for you so you don’t end up in the same position!
Next week I’ll post my actual interview on Global TV. You can tell me how I did!